Don't miss the 2013 Woodstick Bigbeat, hosted by Donn Bennett Drum studios, and featuring Meinl artists Mike Johnston and J.P. Bouvet.
WHERE: Emerald Queen Showroom, 2024 E.29th St, Tacoma WA 98404
WHEN: November 24th, Sunday 3:00 to 5:00 PM. Doors open at 10:00 AM
Plan to arrive no later than 2:00pm in order to be set up before the event starts. Free drum clinics and drum performances, featuring Mike Johnston and J.P. Bouvet will begin at 11:00 am up until 3:00 pm show time.
- General Admission Spectator ($10.00)
- General Admission Participant ($15.00)
- Gold Package ($150.00): Guaranteed spot in the first four rows in front of the stage for you to set up your own drums.
- Platinum Package ($250.00): We supply a drumset, set up and waiting for you in the first or second row in front of the stage. After the show you can simply walk away. Includes a meet and greet session with all guest artists immediately prior to the show, a commemorative laminate and a commemorative Big Beat logo snare drum head.
The Woodstick Big Beat is a fundraising event to raise money for local school music programs. We highly encourage all participants to raise pledges much like you would in a walk-a-thon. All participants who raise over $100 in pledges will be entered to win a huge drum package from our sponsors.
If you participate, you’ll need drums to bring a drum set. You can bring as large a set as you like but to count towards a world record it must consist of at least the following:
- A bass drum with a pedal
- A snare drum with a stand
- A tom tom
- A hi-hat, ride or crash cymbal
- Any and all spikes must be retracted or covered with rubber feet
- You MUST bring a small carpet/rug to set up on large enough so that none of your hardware touches the floor
There will be over $10,000 in prizes to be awarded to Woodstick participants.
DRUM SET CONTEST
Anyone can enter the drum set contests. Prizes awarded in each category for:
- Coolest drum kit
- Best Vintage drum kit.