EXCLUSIVE MEINL CONTENT
Get inside info on cymbals, sounds, your favourite Meinl artists, Meinl global events, and more.

Reducing Our Carbon Footprint

We are currently covering the entire roof of our German cymbal factory with new solar panels.

In total, we will cover a space of 3,000 square meters (32,292 square feet) with approx. 1,760 new solar panels. Our own solar power plant will generate 92% of the electricity needed to run our entire German cymbal factory. The remaining 8% is obtained from other renewable sources.

Together with all other solar cells already installed on other Meinl buildings (showroom, warehouse, office, etc.), we produce 1.12 megawatt hours of electricity per year from solar energy. This equals the yearly supply for approximately 450 households and prevents 760 tons of CO2 per year from being released into the atmosphere.

Our goal is to achieve a climate neutral production and the continued reduction of our carbon footprint. 

Meinl Brands